Friday, September 19, 2008

Robert Haan: Central Park to Lost Valley

I've shared these photos previously. There are certainly more photos of Robert to share but these are the easiest to begin with. The first are of our 1964 visit to New York City where Robert bought me a toy boat and helped me sail it in the Central Park boat pond. I was very fond of the boat and it kicked around the house for some years but never found as grand a venue for adventure after its maiden voyage. Robert certainly had a way with memorable vacation projects involving kids. I was always impressed that he gave children his full attention and made you feel very grown up, but maybe the secret was he just never stopped having fun doing kid things. I also love the photos in my previous Lake Charlevoix post, where he has assembled a large child crew to carry out dike construction. No other adults in sight.

(Click on pictures to enlarge)





These photos (the second by Peter) are from Lost Valley in 2000. To relive that happy time together click to browse the set or view the slideshow



No comments: